Tuesday, January 15, 2013

In His time!

I had a rough go with guys! I will just be honest! When I was young and lost I dated "bad boys". Which meant that they treated me poorly and were not in the best crowds. I dated anywhere from abusive physically, drug abusers, criminals, or they were mentally abusive! I had seen it all! And thought there was no hope in guys! I was in a toxic relationship when I got saved and obviously that had to go! It wasnt as easy as that sounds though! It was hard! I "loved" him (as much as you can when you are young). It was hard! When I got saved my whole life began to change (for the better) but it was difficult at times! God began to change my friends...my music...my style...my entertainment...my environment...and DEFINITELY my relationships! I had to follow Christ! I just had to! There was no other option for me! It was never in the cards for me to go back and not serve Jesus...I had tasted and seen! So yea after a long couple of months of me fighting the will of God I had to get rid of the guy I was with! I entered a very hard road of restoration! Restoration in the way of healing the wounds in my heart...and finding out who I am in Christ! Was it easy NO! It was hard! There were times I would lay in my room and feel overwhelmed with lonliness and pray and ask God to send my husband!! I had one time where I was in my room praying and God spoke to me and I wrote it down! HE said "You are my child and I will take care of you! I am sending you a husband and you will have a family! But in my timing not yours!" OR somthing to that affect! I was like ok God...There would be times that I would find myself praying for this "unknown husband" I remember praying that God would keep His hand on Him and deliver Him from anything He is going through! HA!!
Well 9 months go by and of course I am like looking for "the one" and yea...he hasnt came yet I had been single all this time! So of course I am like looking for him everywhere I go! Well I was at a service at a church and during worship a random guy walked up to me and told me to look at him. He said "I dont know why but God wants me to tell you that HE has seen your lonely nights and He is sending your husband to you! Just hold on!" I was like wow...ok Lord!
So I am at merge the next week and a guy walks in...He is nice looking and He seems interested in me...Im thinking wow ok God you sure do work fast! NOT! Dated him and it was a train wreck! He was not very nice!! He treated me terribly and he was a "Christian". (Not saying he isnt but anyways)
So I date him for about six months too long! I have been mentally abused! Been in bondage to religion because of his ways...and it was just horrible! I was at my lowest point and was just done with guys!
Two months go by and I have been praying and allowing God to heal me from the damage...And in walks this gorgeous guy(came in merge). I was doing drama that night and I spoke in the altar. I could feel him staring at me and when I would look HE wouldnt take his eyes off of me...sounds creepy but it wasnt at all. There was just something about him... I met him and I thought he was gorgeous! I began to pray about him because I knew that there was a serious connection there and I was fearful of that! I guess I was fearful because I wanted God's will and didnt want to waste anymore time on someone that wasnt...because all that brought me was pain!
I prayed and prayed and God confirmed time and time again and I ended up marrying that gorgeous hunk of man!! And let me tell you that when it is God...it is Good! When it isnt God...it isnt good! I want this to be a sort of testimony and an encouragement! There is someone out there for you that God has created for you! But however there is also someone out there that is not sent from God and they will be sent to you to distract you! Pray people...before you talk to a person of the opposite sex...pray before you date someone!! Never just jump into a relationship...because it WILL end in disaster if it is not of God! And you will come out on the other side damaged and that is not what God wants! God is faithful! He knows that it "is not good for man to be alone" and if that is a desire of your heart...he WILL bring it to pass! But you have to be out of the way and you cant allow anyone else to take the place of what God has for you!

2 comments:

sydney malain said...

I am so happy you guys found one another <3

Open Heavens Photography said...

I know! IT's a blessing to wait on what God has for you!!